Folks, I’ve got some kind of weird modem problem on my main machine. For some reason, the modem isn’t being recognized. Looking in the properties of the dial-up box, it shows “removed” next to the modem name. And it was just fine this afternoon.

I don’t know what’s going on here, but I sure didn’t need this on top of everything else. Especially since I can’t find the install disk. So everything is on hold until I can fix the problem. ARRGGHH!!

Update: it seems to have cleared itself. On booting up this morning, I found everything back to normal. Apparently the full shutdown did something that the “restart” yesterday didn’t. Whew! I hope it stays all right now.